Today is open topic for those of us blogging about our experience during the Flats and Handwashing Challenge being hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry So I figured I would share how we “spruced” up our flats to add a little flavor to the the mix. For some the cuteness of the fluff is part of the appeal of cloth diapers. I decided to tie dye some of our flats though I will admit I should have planned ahead as handwashing newly dyed diapers isn’t the easiest thing to do.
We did several but I will spare you all the pics. Like any other tie dye we tied/folded our diapers in preparation for dyeing, once tied we added the dye and they looked a little something like this.
After letting the cure for 15 hrs it was time to rinse and wash which was a lengthy process considering they all had to be had washed for the challenge.after rinsing until the water ran clear we unwrapped them which was like Christmas morning waiting to see what we had created and they looked a little something like this.
After many washed and rinses they were ready for the line and I was anxious to get them on the bum. Here is what they looked like once they were done. considering it was the 1st time ever tie dyeing I think they turned out pretty well.
The kit originally cost 20.00 but I had a 50% off coupon for micheals so the cost was 10.00 which is very doable if one on a fixed income like myself wanted to shake things up a bit. And my little one loved them as well check out my future post of favorite folds when he gets to finally wear them.